So in an effort to NOT have the racing red baby horse at the vet clinic two weeks after our first check, I decided we HAD to do something about halter breaking this man. I laid him down twice as mentioned before and the second lay down, I also rubbed the halter all over him, put it on, took it off, etc until he was like whatev.
I took a few days off and then I went in and wrapped the rope around his chest and bum to pretend I'd have SOME control and then went to halter him. Instead of a rodeo, he was like yeah. This thing again. Whatever. We worked on leading with the butt rope and I was like sweet! vet visit won't be insane again!
Two days later we tested it and honestly, Piper loading like a turd (CANT SEE EDISON OMG) was the highlight and didn't last that long. I gently shoved Edison into the trailer and he was like oh yeah whatever. We did the ultrasound much to everyone's shock about my awesome baby horse and as we were loading Piper, Edison had grown tired of this pushing junk and just loaded himself.
Baby horses might really not be that bad (or I might not be that bad with them as I thought I might be) :)
Oh and here's some ultrasound type pictures: